Monday, August 29, 2005

Dvořakovo Gymnazium Teacher Retreat 2005

Well, almost been here a week now and things have been pretty awesome. Spent the first few days chilling out in Kralupy getting to know the place and seeing what’s it all about. I spent a few days in Prague with some of my other teammates getting to know my way around that crazy city. It’s pretty dang awesome. But due to the massive amounts of tourists at this present moment, I was reluctant to take pictures, but I will bring some Prague pics to the table now, and more awesome ones later on. I just recently got back from a teacher retreat with my school. Me and Mike and about 35-40 other Czech teachers took a bus an hour and a half away to this weird little place in the hills freakin far away from anything. We weren’t close to any castles or chateaus or nothing. And since we didn’t have to go to the meetings, we had to seek out adventure. Us and Paul (another American who has lived in Czech for13 years teaching English) decided to make a day trek to a small town about 9 km away that had a cool chateau. We spent most of Sunday walking there and walking back. It was much fun. Very tiring as well though. I wasn’t really able to meet a lot of the teachers because they don’t speak English, but I got to meet and hang out with a bunch of the English teachers and some other guys that spoke English. We did enjoy ourselves. I mean, we literally were required to do nothing. Sunday night was a lot of fun because a bunch of the teachers gathered in the bar of the resort place we were staying at and we all sang songs… well kinda. Mike, Boris (the physics teacher), and Andrej (the “headmaster”) would take turns singing songs. So I got to sing along with one-third the songs. It was fun to hear translations of songs though also. Like “Country Rose” or “Don’t You Want to Dance With Me” or “Hey June”. We finally called it a night. And the next day we chilled out a slept in and then off we went back to Kralupy. It was great stuff. Here I am now, with my week very briefly described. Not got a lot going on the next few days. Gotta run to Prague to retrieve the keys I left at my friends place. Gotta get ready for classes. Hang out with some of the teachers I met this weekend and be awesome with them. Ok cool, classes start on Friday I found out. Ok, bye now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home