Monday, May 08, 2006

So much, so little

So, as the year has progresssed one of the main things I sit and reflect on are all the things that have grown and shaped me this year. The main outcome of these shapings is the progression of my continued awesemeness. But besides that, fairly normal I believe. So, on Sunday I am participating in my first Marathon. It's at 9am, so if any of you are up around 2 or3 am , you are more than welcome to cheer me on. I should finish about the time you wake up, so no worries. I'll let you know how I fare. So, aha, I do have something very important to talk about as the year is winding up. So, as the year comes to a close, the seniors are getting ready to leave for good :( But before they leave, they have to take a horrible exam, called Maturita. What Maturita consists of is 4 subjects : Czech language, a foreign language, and 2 other electives that they are strong in. They have several topics in which they must be prepared for and therefore, all year with the senior class, we are preparing them, reviewing topics, giving them info and all that. They choose a topic at random and have 15 minutes to prepare for it and them they must speak for 15 minutes about their chosen topic, and if they don't know it, then they fail, and that's really not too good. So, the topics are really horrible and some of them just suck in general and are horrible topics, but, some are fairly interesting and kinda cool. I don't know, I think that the whole things sucks but, you be the judge for yourself. The 25 topics for English are as follows:
  • USA: Geography, People, History, Nat. Economy, Gov. and Admin.
  • Great Britain: Geography, People, History, Nat. Economy, Gov. and Admin.
  • English Speaking Countries: Geography, People, History, Nat. Economy, Gov.
  • Czech Republic: Geography, People, History, Nat. Economy, Gov. and Admin.
  • Big British Cities
  • Big American Cities
  • Prague
  • My Town and its Surroundings
  • Educational Systems
  • British Literature
  • American Literature
  • Social World Problems
  • Me and My Family
  • A Life Story
  • Science and Technology
  • Health, Sickness, Disease
  • Sport and Games
  • Food and Meals
  • Housing, My Room
  • Holiday, Traveling
  • Culture and Entertainment
  • Shopping, Fashion, Clothes
  • My Daily Program and Hobbies
  • Festivals and Customs
  • Weather, Climate, Environmental Protection
So, yea, pretty interesting, huh? Yep, so less than 2 months and I'll be back in the states!! Whoo. Give me a holler so we can meet up. Ok, see you all soon. Peace

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Hey yo, guess what came in today's mail? Other than a bill. Yup, yea, that's right, a sparkling postcard of the Parthenon. Mailed from Kralupy for 11.00 Koruny. Thats dirt cheap man. You suck. But thanks for thinking of me. Good to catch up this week. ROCK ON at the prague 'thon. Peace.

11:43 AM  
Blogger TomS said...

good luck on the marathon bro, beat some Czech ass!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home