Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Friendliness in the Czech Republic

So, yesterday I was to teach at this big Distribution company based out of Kralupy. Iwas to meet with this one gentleman for a personal lesson (these are by far the easiest lessons, cuz all I do is chat it up for an hour and a half). But anyways, I had no clue where this place was. I had a general knowledge of where I thought it was,but I really had no clue. The directions I got were vague (welcome to Czech Republic), so I just started to head out at 520 and hope I got there before 6 when I as supposed to be there. So I had been walking in what I thought was the right direction for half an hour, and I was asking people (in Czech) where this place was. (Most the time, I had no clue what they were sayin, I just said yea). But what I realized is that from whereI was the only thing they could tell me was that it was "way the heck over that way" and then they would point. I finally asked this one young lookin fella at this gas station, and he says (in czech) "yea man" and then he motioned me to his car. So, I got the picture, and jumped in. (Side note: hitchhiking is not illegal in Europe, yet, it is a natural means of transportation. People are weirded out when you hear it is illegal in America. It is rather safe here in a sense. Not as many psychopaths here, just nice atheists). So I got in and we started driving. And we were driving a long way, and it got to point where I thought he was taking me to some crazy god forsaken place in the middle of nowhere, but then he turned, and I realized where I made my mistake. And we got there, and i hailed the ground that his feet walked on. So I got there (I was definitely like 1 or 2 km off the beaten track.) And this guy got me there at 555, in perfect time. This guy was way nice. Czechs rock. Have a good day. And if you get the feel... hitchhike, just kiddin... kinda.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude barnes, a policeman here in Norman pulled over when I was trying to hitchhike to an appointment (I was going to be late and my bike was "on the fritz") and he told me to stop. so I stopped and waited while he wrote me out a warning and then told me to keep my thumb to myself...

did he offer me a ride? of course not. but let me ask you this... their motto is "to serve and to protect" right? well where is the servanthood? hmmm?

and by the way, I'm glad you post a link at the beginning of your emails to this site, because I usually don't remember to czech it, but I love czeching it, so thanks for reminding me :)...

zach winters

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday you awesome awesome awesome.....well, there really are no other words to describe you other than awesome. Oh, there is my favorite word bastard. You awesome bastard. On your birthday I will give you some advice that a wise man once gave me; if the house is on fire make sure you grab the toothpaste and put the dog in the hamper!
-matt

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home