Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sychrov and good American fun.


So, yesterday, Thursday, I went to a castle just to the north of Prague. This castle, called Sichrov (seegh-rove) is known as one of the most preserved castles in all of Czech. And it was a beauty of an adventure. How might I have had the chance to go to this on a school night you may think. Well... one of my fellow teachers, Peter, works for a tour guide company that gives tours around Prague and to different castles. I expressed interest in it, and he made some "behind the curtain'' deals, and voila, I got to tag along. And probably the beauty of the whole thing was that it was completely free. Every last ounce of it. Well, I had to pay $2 for my train ticket from Kralupy to Prague, but the 75 minute busride there, the tour, the free hot wine (yes, hot wine. it's pretty popular during the winter months, and not too bad either), the amazing dinner that was after the tour, and the bus ride back, was all free! Yea, basically, i'm the most awesome person alive. And also, get this, my tour was comprised completely of awesome American grandmas and grandpas. They were a fun group to hang out with. It felt good to speak to native English speakers once again as well. The castle was pretty amazing also, not just that it was all free, but it was definitely the best castle that I have been to yet, preservation wise. Everything looks just like it did in the 1800's. And mind you, it looked pretty sweet in the 1800's. I'll include some pics later today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome man. Hey sorry i haven't been able to get back with you. I can only get to your blog from my home pc, not at work. Anyway, I am going to ask off for feb 21-25. Can you send me an email at ptam@bokf.com to confirm that is right. I'm still pumped man. I just don't know about changing planes in another country in a short amount of time, but i'll figure that out. So, I'm still on board if you are!

Let me know.
Take care friend.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home