Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Reflections

It's been strange lately as I prepare to leave Kralupy for the summer holidays. But, I am excited for it, mainly because I know that I will be returning in August. I've gone through many moments of being really excited about coming back, then regretting my decision enphatically and now I'm at a stage where I'm looking forward to coming back, but I am super ready to go home for a little bit. I've made a lot of good frienships here with teachers (both American and Czech) and students, and just other random people (some who actually don't really speak English so it's been fun sometimes) and therefore it has been a very interesting year and a lot of unforgettable memories and moments, and maybe still some unforgettable momemts that I would want to forget :) It's been great experiencing and living in the culture of a foreign land and language. I've really been able to open my eyes to a greater view of the world and seen things that would be impossible without living here. It will be quite interesting to see how this year and next year prove to influence my future ideas, decisions, and thoughts. But, it will also be fun and cool, perhaps. Things I'm looking forward to in the coming months:
  • Going to Ireland with school
  • Going on a canoe trip with my American teachers
  • Going to America
  • Going to Gulf Shores for a family reunion
  • Going to Norman, OK and spending time with my friends there
  • Spending lots of time with my family
  • Spending time with my nephew (who is 1 now by the way)
  • Coming back to Kralupy for another year of teaching my awesome and amazing students

So, things will be quite enjoyable for me, I hope, and I just hope that everythign goes without a hitch this summer and no crazy antics are present. So, cool, Thanks for everything. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home