Monday, March 24, 2008

My Easter Daze

If you all don't know about the famous Easter celebration over here, check out my April 5, 2006 entry. Anyways, I had a funny thought go through my head the other day. First of all, Czech celebrate Easter over here on Monday. It dates back to Slavic traditions and is quite different from our Easter. Anyways, it's also a big time for many people to take trips, so many of my friends were away, but a few of my American friends stayed and wanted to have a lunch on Sunday to celebrate Easter, and it struck me as a bit of a surprise, cuz I kept thinking. "Why are they wanting to celebrate on Sunday, cuz Easter is on Monday." And then after a few more moments, it hit me that, no, we actually celebrate Easter on Sunday in America. I felt stupid, but that's ok. I didn't go anyways. I was relaxing. And now everything is happy and sober.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Today I was gladly remembering my Easter dinner last year :))))

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home