Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Brightness of Whiteness

I made my second trip last weekend in two and a half years to the famed store of IKEA in Prague. It was quite an adventure for me. But well worth it. I went there, mustering the courage of the 90 minute one way trip which takes me from foot to train to metro to bus and the final stretch on foot again. I wasn't really quite sure of what to expect seeing that I had only been there once previously and that one time i wasn't really in the mood to spend lots of money seeing that I didn't have any money to spend.

So this time, I decided to just sit back and enjoy the show. I walked the galactic-sized pathways through the store to see what I could see. After a rushed 90 minutes of walking through it, I had a pretty good idea of what maybe I would want to buy. So, I was ready for round 2. I'd pick up odd things here and there, a blanket or a pillowcase, or some scented candles, but what really caught my eye was the "glory upon glories". That beauty of a coffee table is what my eyes cast themselves upon. It was something only God Himself could have constructed, and for such a reasonable price also!! It was too perfect to pass up.

So... when I finally ended with everything, I had bought this big box that contained my glorified table but yet also a huge blue IKEA bag filled with just a bunch of sweetass awesome stuff. Now... once I finished with this part, the fun started to happen. I finished, and I said to myself... "you know dude, those 50 cent hotdogs over there look really good." So, I lugged all my belongings over there and set my table down and my eyes were on it the entire time as I was ordering my hotdog and even when i had to walk to the condiment table even farther away to get some ketchup. No one, and I repeat no one, was going to get the best of Zach Barnes today.

From here, I dragged/carried my table and big back back to the bus where I reconvened after this in carrying it to the metro. From the metro, I continued to carry this 40 pound table (maybe 100 pounds...) up the escalator and to the train. Luckily, from the train station with just the final haul left in front of me (yet the 10 minute walk seemed staggering to me), i was actually taken that last little bit by car in order to save a little dignity. And after that, and after a bit o time puttin it together, I finally had in my living the Brightness of Whiteness...






2 Comments:

Blogger Peta said...

wow, looks awesome!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

was joseph with you? because i tried to tell him about the wonders of ikea, and he seemed skeptical.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home