Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Tidings and the Jolliest of New Years

Well... as the show continues to go on, I take pleasure in every passing moment, or so it seems. The last week or so, I've been on vacation and I've been in the same place I started. It's been nice to relax and have lots of fun doing it. Me and Benj have been on 2 really long walks, I've seen lots of movies (I brought a projector down to my place and have been watching movies on the big screen (or rather the big wall as you might have it).

Sadly to say, but the Christmas season in Prague is simmering to a dull glow at this moment which means that there won't be a Christmas market after a few more days. It's quite sad actually, but not for the reason you might have it. (First, here's a pic of the Christmas Market in the Old Town Square)

At these markets, you can get all the fancy little special trinkets that can be found in most places, but it's special christmas trinkets, which doesn't really mean anything new. They have the same special sausages and fried cheese and whatnot. Special for Christmas season, they do have cool things such as:

- First we have the Trdelnik thingy which is like bread with cinnamon and sugar. It's pretty good.



- also we have something called a Super Vafle (Waffle) but it's different from a real waffle. It's super big first of all, and second, it's like two pieces of really thin bread with caramel in the middle. It's really cool. Couldn't find a pic, sorry.

- ANd what would Christmas be without Roasted Chestnuts


- Other such things that can be found there is hot spiced wine, or mulled wine, and a nice hot honey liquor


-And there's probably lots of other tasty things that you can get here, but these are the most important things... but I'm leaving out the most important thing. I'm quite happy that I was able to make it down to prague quite a few times this past month for various reasons because every time I made it into town, I made it a point to buy myself a nice freshly made langos (langosh). What it is is simple... It's just fried dough and then they add garlic, ketchup and cheese. It's really good. Explanations can't be deemed at this proper moment. Just look at it in it's glory...


That's all I have to say for now. Take care.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ragnar said...

True langos should have as much garlic as that langos on picture have cheese. Only then it is worth to taste... :P

11:00 AM  
Blogger Zach Barnes said...

mmm... how true you are my good man. how true you are.

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home