Friday, December 09, 2005

School Athletics

Well, there really aren't any school athletics here. They have P.E. but that's about it... except something called Floorball. This sport is very simple, it's like hockey, but played on a gym floor. No pads, no hurting (badly), just running around with a hockey stick and trying to score the ball into the goal. So, needless to say, I have began to take part in the festivities that are "floorball." I am on a team with some of my Junior students. They are fun, and they all love to play floorball. Yet, they by no means are the kind of guys you would look at and say, "Dang, he must be a good athlete!" And you may say this though, if, that is, you consider chess players athletes. But they love it and we played hard.

Anyway, the league has started and we had our first match on Tuesday. Only bummer, it was at 7AM!! So, that sucked. But, it was good. The game was fun and blood and blunders, but in the end, we succeeded in our ultimate goal... to not lose. Yet, we did not win either. It was a dead tie, 4-4. I think that everyone was happy with this, being that I don't know if they expected to win, and without me, I don't think that any of them could have expected to win (not to sound overconfident in myself or nothin), but one may tend to say something like this when they score all of their team's 4 goals, which... oh by the way.... yea, I did that. It was a good feeling. Yet, the feeling did not last too long, because once the game was over, I found the time real quick, and to my shock, it was 755! Crap, how horrible, we didn't win AND I have class in 5 minutes. So I ran and got changed real quick and ran up to class where I taught (all hot and sweaty and in my glory) for 90 minutes. Then I retreated to my flat and took myself an nice clean shower. Thus... my Tuesday morning and first floorball game at a glance.

2 Comments:

Blogger TomS said...

Dude that game sounds pretty fun, and that's crazy to read about Mikulus. Weird!
So have you made some holiday plans? Doing any traveling or anything? I'm headed off to Jack Galloway get married! I'm looking forward to some good times and making fun of southern people.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

all 4 goals? did anyone ever tell you that you are awesome?

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home