Sunday, February 26, 2006

Spring Break with Spice

Some new pics from Spring Break that I have added, so check these out and then judge for yourself how much fun I had. Here, these next few pics are from Portugal from small town called Guarda, it is the highest city in Portugal and it's a fairly scenic place, except there really isn't anything there. You think so?Yea, I hiked around for a few hours cuz there wasn't really anything else to do. I had to entertain myself for like 13 hours here. Maybe just a tad bit too much time for Guarda

This here is in Salamanca in Spain. It's a college town but the college is in the middle of the old town with all this crazy architecture. It was way awesome and I loved chillin around here. I think this is some church, but the university buildings looked just as awesome
So, these next pics are from Avila in Spain. There is this sweet walled city here that was totally cool to see and walk around. I think it was 13th century or something, but it was way cool, maybe 3 or 4 kilometers in circumference.

So, this Spring Break was something to remember. It's a bit different from the usual holidays for me from going skiing in the Rockies or just chillin watchin television all day. This holiday, I was in Paris (gawking at the Mona Lisa and the Eiffel Tower) to the beautiful fun architecture of Madrid and Portugal. I've got stories of eatin Cheese Puffs til I collapsed to a pick pocket picking the wrong pocket and comin back to give me my daily planner and Czech-English dictionary back. I've got stories from the nine nights I spent out, I spent 4 of them in train stations and airports. Of these nights, I really didn't do a lot of sleeping. There was a point where I hadn't slept for 3 straight nights actually. I spent 30 hours waiting for trains and planes, not counting traveling. Another 17 for the traveling. These traveling hours were actually my best times to sleep. I imagine that out of the 17 traveling hours, I was asleep for 16.5 of them. Ahh the joys of traveling alone. It was a crazy trip that probably not many ofyou would even consider joining me on. But that's ok, because I like to live cheap, and that I did on this trip. It was a fun way to see three countries I had never seen. It's something that I'm kinda glad I did, I'm glad I have the crazy experience behind me, yet, there is no way I desire to do this same kind of trip again, but who knows, maybe I will. Let me show you some of the wondrous beauties and me of course about my trip and let me explain...
First stop was Paris and the Eiffel Tower. I met up with a friend of a friend and had a wonderful time touring everything all day. Paris is crazy awesome, but expensive way too much. The Eiffel Tower is kinda funny, because it is really just out of place. There like a beautiful city, and then in the middle, this ginormous pole that is famous for some stupid reason. It's pretty funny, but a good time still.

Here's beautiful me and the tower.

A shot of me after climbing the Tower. That's the top just above me. I'm totally jammin out on the Eiffel Tower

A pic from the top of the Eiffel Tower. I pretty much walked to the top. It's a pretty tall place. And a pretty cool view fromthe top. Cool. The treasured Cathedral of Notre Dame. It's a pretty crazy place. On the middle of an island in Paris. Interesting, and pretty. This is the Sacre Coeur. It's on the top ofthis hill andis a really beautiful and awesome. It was a pretty cool place to walk around. There are gardens and other beautiful places here.

For all you musical lovers, these next two are for you. The first one speaks for itself. THe Moulin Rouge! What a beautiful, romantic, yet very sketchy story. But, it's a freakin landmark that I couldn't miss from going to Paris. This next place may need a little more explaining, but not much. It's the freakin Opera House of Paris. Why is this such a musical landmark you ask? Well, it's just the place that the story of Phantom of the Opera was based off of. I am not sure if it's really true, but it was built on some old thing, so there are mazes andstuff under the operahouse and when you walk in, it looks straight out of the movie or play.

Does life get any better than eating a heck of a lot of Cheese Puffs in Paris. This is one of the ways that I saved up a bunch of money. Eating filling food like Cheese Puffs from America in Paris. Wow, wouldn't have seen that one coming

And how could a trip to Paris not be complete without seeing Versaille. Versailles, the palace of the French fools was a pretty crazy place. Lots of crazy stuff and really fun decorations in there.

Me in the gardens of Versailles. I'm pretty tired. But I gotta put on my "happy face" for the camera!!

Me being awesome in the great Retiro Park in Madrid. I'm a bit tired at this point.

So, somehow when I went to go watch a rugby game in Madrid my last day, I ended up hookin up with the British bachelor party. They were some fun guys and I hung out with them for a few hours. But, they were a little crazy for me. They had many drinks. That's the head guy there in the cow outfit and the dress. He's pretty drunk.

Back in the Prague Airport, and so happy to be home. So so happy to be home. It was a long, tiring, yet exhilirating week.

I've got some fun stories to share as maybe you can catch some inferences from the pics above. There was some crazy stuff, but it was good, and I'm glad to be back home and teaching is all so much more fun. Till later. Cau Cau

5 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

dude wow what a whirlwind! when you wind down, skype me. i've got a few questions to ask you. ;) ps feel free to post a photo of portugal. it must rock more than some random steel column on the outskirts of paris.

9:09 PM  
Blogger TomS said...

awesome dude, sounds like you had a blast. I'm going to cali for my break!

11:51 PM  
Blogger TomS said...

Those lucky Czechs get another year of Z-ditty! I hope they realize how great they have it.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"it's just the place that the story of Phantom of the Opera was based off of. I am not sure if it's really true" ??
I promised not to lie to you the whole time you were here...I want my cheese balls back

2:24 AM  
Blogger Peta said...

wow, I don't think I've ever read this report. Was just looking back and by a chance stopped at this one. It all must have been pretty cool!! Real fun stories. Good pictures. Appreciated even 2 years later :D

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home