Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Snowboardin etc...

Hey, so, as many of you have found out, I'm pretty freakin close to the mountains. Now, they aren't the Alps and certainly ain't the Rockies, but they'll do. The Krkonose Mountains have become one of my best friends as of lately. As last weekend was no exception. So, I tried for the first time ever, snowboarding, and it was craziness. So, the horrible thing was that I hurt both my feet the week before running, and wasn't fully recovered from that injury so despite all the fun I had hurting myself continually over again and again, I was only able to snowboard for about 3 hours before I called it quits, which kinda sucked, but I've had that experience now, and I didn't have to waste my skitrip once every other year to do it!

But, also, probably the best part of the day was when I decided to stop boarding. I still had 3 hours to wait for my friends to finish, so what else to do but make friends? I went into the rental place to adjust my boot because it was hurting and was one of the only places i knew of indoors and heated that i could go and get away from all the masses. So I went and the only guy that was working there was a guy named Waldo. Yes Waldo, and no it's not a Czech name i don't think. Actually that's not even his real name, it's something like Ewald or something like that but that's what everyone calls him here bcause they can't say his real name. He's from Belgium and was just working there for 3 months. He's probably one of the coolest guys ever. He's 23 and speaks freakin 5 languages (Flemmish, English, French, German, and he's pretty good at Spanish as well). And I pretty much heard him use all those languages there also. It's pretty wicked awesome. So we chilled and had ourselves a good time while he was working. There weren't a lot of people around. Sad thing was that I had to go back with my friends back home. He wanted me to chill and go hang out with him, which i wanted to do as well. But oh well, hopefully he will make it down to Prague sometime so we can chill. Crazy guy, probably not giving the whole expereince justice, but it was an awesome trip.

Quote of the week: (from my 8th grader Martin) "Martin, what did you do on the weekend?" "This weekend, I was on my grandmother." Oh the joys of prepositions

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

z - on monday i was on my back. and by "on" i mean "lying on" b/c of some wicked american germs. lookout brother, when you return, these things are lethal! catch up with you soon -

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home