Saturday, December 31, 2005

My Christmas and Thereafter...

So, it's been a few weeks, and some of you regulars may be thinkin, "What the heck? What's going on? I wanna hear what's new!" Anyways, I will fill you in on a bit. Things have been pretty busy as of lately, so I haven't been able to find time to sit down and relay everything to the computer. First, school finished on the 22nd and it was quite an interesting occasion to be had. First, once again, one of my classes, my freshman class was sad that we wouldn't be able to have class on Friday because school finished on Wednesday. So, we made a compromise and on Wednesday night, we had a big blowout bash at my flat. There were snacks to be had, there was English to be spoken (kinda) and the entertainment was sky-high.
This is all of them. Juraj, Mark, Karel, Hanka, Iva, Anicka, Anicka, Aja, me, and Martina. As you can see all the snacks and foods on the small table. It was a pleasent time and this is the class that I will be spending a week in the mountains skiing with in two weeks.

Then, as some of you may already know, my sister came to visit me for a week, for Christmas, and for fun. We had ourselves a crazy wild fun Czech time. Sad to say, I don't have any pictures as of now, but I will. We walked all over Prague for a few days, saw everything there, she met all of the Americans in Prague for Christmas, and we even got to spend Christmas dinner the traditional Czech way. We went to my students' house Hanka (pictured above) and her sister Kristyna (whom I teach as well, she's a senior). So we went to their house and had carp and potato salad, and many many other Czech traditional foods. We spent several hours there talking and enjoying the time of English. They were very good to us and loaded us down with tons of presents. I felt ashamed that the only thing I brought them was a bottle of wine. Oh well, they were a great family and I hope that our frienships grow stronger. The next day we took a trip down to Vienna and we spent the next few days there seeing the city. These days were full of snow, and still now, there are several several inches of snow on the ground all over Prague and everywhere. It's pretty darn cool if you ask me. But cold. Sadly, my sister had to leave, but luckily we got her off safely. Many planes were cancelled the day she was leaving, because of the snow, but it ended up working perfectly. And then, again sadly, this ended my streak of waking up at 6AM or earlier at 4 days. It was great, I went back home and slept from 3 to 8 at night. Boy did I feel refreshed. Since then, nothing special has been going on.. Been enjoying time relaxing and hanging out with friends in Prague. But tonight, will once again be a crazy time. As you may know, it is New Years Eve, and I told one of my students that I would accompany him to some celebration he is going too. So, I suppose I will fill you in on these details as the come to. This is a brief recap of my past 2 weeks, and stay tuned to more life excitements from this end of the Atlantic. Take care and celebrate the BIG SOONER VICTORY FOR ME!!! Yea baby. Rock out. Peace out. Ahoy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zach attack,

I love reading your page, and are hoping you are loving your time there. We sure did and miss the pace of life, and miss you too! I still think about you everytime I hear a K.Green tune!

Ben T.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home