Saturday, February 11, 2006

"We learn English and Czechish"

Interesting evening I had the other night. I was in the local pub that I frequent often for a wonderful dinner or for a good beer with some friends. It's called Zeleneho Stromu (or Green Tree for you English speakers). and so, anyways, I was here once again on Thursday by myself trying to get stuff done (I was grading papers andthen I spent a few hours learning myself some good Czech language) when I got a tap on my shoulder. Apparently this man wanted something. But I didn't know what in the hell he wanted. "What do you want!" I wondered. So, after I calmed down for a second, and got ahold of my wonderful Czech skills, I proceeded to hold a wonderful conversation with this man. He obviously spoke no English at all. We were talking. I told him who I was and where i was from, all that crap, where i teach. He told me that he had seen me here about 5 times before. And then he brought out the bombshell. He wants to learn English. And we can also talk in Czech. Eh, why not I said. It's strange me being the person who has the upper hand, I mean I know more Czech thann he knows English, so that's kinda awesome. So, therefore, we are meeting tomorrow at the pub and we are going to talk and I'm going to try and teach him some English words. "So what are we going to speak?" I asked him. English or Czech? He answered (in English) "Me, English, you Czechish". Ahh, it's all tying together so well.

The other beautiful part of this story is what this guy does. So, I live in a small town, very small actually, and usually you think that one of the last things that people in a small town would need would be Chinese Accupuncture Therapy. Strange strange strange. But I got a laugh from it. He also does massage stuff, so that a little more normal, but you just can't picture this guy doing this sort of thing. The whole situation is just funny. I can't give it a proper description. Sorry. Ok, peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home