Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Marathon #1 Accomplished!!!

So, it's time to relax and start to enjoy life again. For my first ever marathon of 42 km (26.2 miles) is finished and I am in recup mode right now. I figure I did pretty well seeing that I really didn't train a whole lot at all for it. I think I ran 3 times over 10 miles (my longest being 12 or 13 maybe), so I feel proud that I just finished period. My time many of you are wondering was 4 hours 54 minutes and 17 seconds. So I was hoping to get around 430 but, like i said, I am just glad to have finished. There were definitely times when I thought that I really wasn't going to finish, but I pushed myself on beyond all reasonable limits to do the impossible. When I get pics up, I will do that as soon as possible. I think I just need to practice my endurance for the next one, because I was on target up until the halfway point, then I died. My 10k was quite excellent, under an hour and my half was just over 2 hours. You can go to www.praguemarathon.com and check myself out for yourself if you want. Oh, and if you were curious, the winning time was 2:11. OK peace

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

YAY! CONGRATS ZACH! And also way to perservere. You'll forever be able to better relate to God when he compares the faith to a distance race. ;) Peace brother.

11:11 AM  
Blogger TomS said...

Good job bro! Give me a call sometime 702-774-6155, I promise Nina won't anwser this time.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home