Friday, April 06, 2007

Ready to Keep it a Rollin' with 20 more Pages

So... a beautiful thing happened to me yesterday. You might ask yourself... "Wow, I wonder what happened? Is he going to tell me?" And then i might answer in a subtle voice.... "yea, sure." So... because of the wonderful 5 day break that we have here for Easter, i didn't have school yesterday, and also today! and on Monday also. So... yesterday I woke up quite early, as usual and was in Prague by 730. I made my way for the first time in the Czech Republic to my home away from hom, the US Embassy. It was actually kinda strange, cuz i don't think hardly any Americans work there. Everyone was talking to me in Czech and didn't even think twice that an actual American would come to visit their embassy. But I did. But anyways, the reason I came. Well, first of all, I've been traveling across borders quite a bit in the last two years, and therefore, my pages in my passport are completely full and if I want to come back to the states or get another visa for next year, I'd need to do something about that, thus, I went. And the problem was that this part of the embassy is only open mon-fri 830-11 excluding CZ and US holidays, so... this was like my only chance. the experience in itself was quite nice. Can't say I had any problems, but... it was fun. And now I have 20 more pages to work with and with only 3 years left on my passport, I don't expect myself to be in trouble of doing this again. Although, I could in theory do it one more time if I really wanted to. And the brilliant thing is that it was a free service, and took abour 30 minutes. Ok, so I'll fill you all in on the next extravaganzas here to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home