Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Champagne... the Way It Should Be...

I guess it's fair to say that I've been in this strange country for 2 years now... that's strange in itself... but anyways, I've noticed one thing above all else in my time here... And that one thing is called Bohemia Sekt. This fancy named drink is the czech version of champagne. It's quite a tasty drink. A bit sweeter than real champagne, but that makes it all the more drinkable... all the time... for every event and occasion... in any manner... anywhere. I think before coming to the Czech Republic I only consumed champagne on maybe New Years once maybe and maybe at a wedding and maybe one other time. It's safe to say that the past two years, I've surpassed the previous 20 years of my life a hundred or two hundred-fold.

Why champagne? The answer is simple... They want wine... but they don't have a corkscrew... nevertheless... champagne with the easy "twist and pop" motion" is a simple choice. In any event, there's always the two or three people sitting around passing around the champagne bottle, drinking as old chums would. Everywhere you go... "pop, pop, pop". You better be careful, or you're gonna get something you didn't reckon for strolling through the park.

Anyways, I'm not sayin this is a bad thing. I quite like this custom. It's actually quite a clever idea in itself, and so... I applaud this special drink and would advise towards it for every situation, whether that bea wedding, a trip to the movies, or just walking down the street on the way to your weekly haircut appointment. Without Bohemia Sekt... where would the Czechs be today...? The answer my friend, is something that I don't ever want to know and I dare not, upon threat of death, ask this question ever again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home