Saturday, April 19, 2008

BBQ Weekend

The Past weekend, I had myself a big killer weekend of bbqs. It was really a great weekend for me to just sit and relax with some of my friends that I don't get many opportunities to hang out with so much. Not concerning the weekend of bbqs, first I visited for the first time one of the biggest and coolest parks in Prague, called Wild Sharka. Sharka is the name of a girl in Czech and the name of this park perhaps dates back to an ancient myth, perhaps. It was really cool to walk around and feel like i wasn't in a big capitol city full of pollution and it was nice to just walk around and feel free for a few hours.

Next, on Saturday, concerning bbqs I travelled to the nearby town of Odelena Voda to 2 of my friends and students' house. My friend makes gardens and so their house was really awesome and new and full of artwork and different things that they had gathered from their trips about the world. Their garden was really sweet with a pond and a stream and fountain and lots of plants and trees. They had a huge-ass dog, named Mustafa. I'll share a picture of him with you. Though I might mention that it's only a pic of half of him. Anyways, it was a fun night of mingling with their friends and lots of good moments and memories that will stick for a long time to come. I ended up sleepin on an airmattress in the spare bedroom with Benji, and we slept for a long time and then awoke and enjoyed a beautiful lunch in their backyard with the sun and relaxing moments were had by all.

The second bbq of the week happened on Sunday when, first I had to travel back to Kralupy with Benji and then we didn't have much time to recup... well, he had all evening to recup, cuz he didn't go with me, but for me, the minutes were dwindling quickly. But anyways, I turned back around and went to another bbq in yet another small town about a 20 min. train ride from kralupy to one of my colleague's and a good friend of mine. We spent the evening there making yet another bbq and talking about lots of just random things that are happening and about Czech and American politics. The weekend was really good, but completely exhausting and I was so happy to get home early, around 9 and get some much needed sleep before the week brought on a new load of adventures in teaching

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home