Sunday, May 18, 2008

Back to Square One con espanol

I've finally realized and come to grips with my Spanish Language ability. I was excited the other day because they extended the subway in Prague to a cool shopping center, so i went there and was in search of something I thought if any place had it, they would. There's a big supermarket there and I went there and to my luck, I found what I had been looking for. I had found it!! In clear print, it read... Frijoles Refritos (or refried beans). I had been looking for them a few weeks ago when i was cooking dinner for some friends, but we had to make due without them for mexican night, oh well. it was still good.

But that wasn't the problem. The problem was when I was trying to read the can of beans. It was all in Spanish. No problem, but it was, I couldn't even speak anymore. My English accent is so strong and it just feels disgusting to me when I read it. But it was so easy, and it's much easier than Czech pronunciation, so it should be easier for me, but it's not. Oh well. Life doesn't treat us well sometimes.

But then I'm thought of the reason I stopped with spanish 5 years ago... because i decided I didn't like the language. So... then... I guess I'm not really that sad at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

glad you got your frijoles. but here, se llaman porotos. i guess maybe "black beans" can be frijoles. anyway, sorry you dont like la lenguaje espaƱol. maybe if you lived in a spanish-speaking country, your english accent would soften and pronunciation would improve? just a thought!

enjoy the spring my friend!

-brad

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home