Monday, June 16, 2008

Bad Luck

If you're not familiar with the Euro Cup, it's the World Cup but in Europe and it's way cool. Anyways, the Czech Rep. was playing the other night and so far, we had won one game and lost our second game. In order for us to advance to the second round, we would have to defeat the mighty Turks. In the past, the Turks have ravaged the land and plundered the villages, but the luck of the ungods were on our side. As the game drug on, we got out to an early lead of 1-0 with a spectacular head shot. I was sitting at home watching under the most dire of circumstances. As the game rolled on, I continued to clean my flat. and before the first half, I was all cleaned out!!! Wow, great, I love football. And I love cleaning. So... what should I do now? The answer was clear, We're winning 1-0, so I'll go shower.

When I got back from the shower, what was it to my surprise that we were winning 2-0!! Wow, how was it possible. We weren't supposed to match up very well to the Islamic Front of the East. The game dragged on and on and of course, they managed a goal against us, but that was it... until the end of the game, when in the 88th minute I believe they managed another goal, and in the 89th, a sorry play of events occurred and the distraught Czech team went home wet from (not the rain, though it was raining... ok, it was from the rain, but also from the tears of a team that would undergo a fortitude of changes in the next years). Good luck in South Africa in 2010. They'll need it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know, i couldn't believe it either. hey, look how the archive links on the left created 3 pretty waves :))

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home