Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nice Days, Clever Nights

Days pass by as they were some kind of whirlwind of seconds, but alas, all good things must come to an end, that much is true. It's been fun seeing here things progress and people grow older. That's probably been the craziest thing for me in these past 3 weeks of being here. It's been strange seeing people, former students whom I first met and befriended 4 years ago, and the younger ones are 4 years older, adults even, starting to make big decisions. But the strange thing is that I feel completely as I did before. All of them look 4 years older, but not me, I feel just as the way I came here, with the same spirit and drive for adventure. I came a young 20 year old boy and now I'm still a young 24 year old boy, and I've seen changes in myself, but although I'm 20% older, it's nothing I think.

In the past week, I've been doing lots of things, but not much. I've:

-visited a new non-smoking bar in Kralupy, which is great by the way.

-visited a new great church in Prague (the first one that I kinda ever liked somewhat) It's called ICF-Praha

-I've been entertained with an innumerable amount of tea.

-I've spent lots a few hours studying and preparing my Russian. I've still got a lot to do, I don't understand it still much.

-I've been researching my upcoming trip to Romania and where I'll stay or who I'll stay with.

-I've decided that I'm gonna win a contest and move to Australia, so i'm working on that for the time being also.

-I've talked to many old students back home or old friends via chat.

I'm keepin myself pretty busy. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks and some of the fun or interesting experiences that will arise from it. I hope you all are well and I'll talk to you later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Zach,
we are also glad that you came back, we haven't expected that, in fact. The eveninig we've been in 9mm was great and thanx for the toasts we didn't want to eat first but then we aprecciated it so much. So see U next time, let's hope in the mountains!
T+B

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Loser,
Just wanted to say 'hey'! Still miss you and wish I could adventure with you and engulf myself in some European culture. Don't worry I still picture you as a lam-o Oklahoman(?) who really really sucks at playing spades and wears Peter Pan costumes... Sounds like you like being back overseas rather than here, although I guess you probably consider Prague 'home' and the States overseas. Anyway, I love you and eat it!!!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home