Monday, November 17, 2008

Early Christmas Present

I've been teaching now at Norman North High School, 9th grade World History for almost 3 months now and have been teaching pretty steadily so the students have somewhat grown on me. Some of them more than others. But, they're fun to joke around with a bit and talk a bit during class about what interests them and such.

But everyone had apparently noticed that my shoes were pretty decrepit and that i needed new shoes. I knew i needed new shoes, but i was just waiting until after Christmas and before the New Year to start shopping for them. But... i didn't have to wait that long. I walked into school today and my cooperating teacher told me i had a surprise and he told me that one of my students had bought me a new pair of shoes. i was so shocked and amazed at them. They were like a really nice and i mean nice pair of running shoes. I couldn't believe my eyes. It made my day a lot happier and I love my new shoes. They're amazing. I am so happy and it really will be sad to finish up the year. I was at the point where I was ready to give in and just wish that everything was finished but now I've got more motivation and I really like my classes so much and I'm afraid that it's gonna be sad to see them leave. Wow, i really don't have much else to say right now. I'm still pretty speechless, but it's awesome.

I gave my classes the rest of my measurements and i'm hoping to get a new suit out of it by christmas as well, not to mention maybe some shirts and whatnot. :D i wish, huh? jo, so here's a pic of my new kicks.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to hear someone's been brigthening your school days up a bit (or a lot :)

10:20 PM  
Blogger Clark & Danielle said...

wow! that is so beyond what i would expect from a high school student!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Clark & Danielle said...

and we soo should get together and catch up sometime...

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home