Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back in Norman

I've moved once again. I feel like the next year will be a lot of moving around, and a lot of tedious motions at that. But we'll just have to wait and see what plays out i suppose. I've moved back to Norman, OK. I've been living here again for about a week or so and I've moved into a cute little house with some of my friends. Things I've missed about living in a house:
- having my own room
- not sleeping on a bunk bed
- sleeping on a big comfortable bed
- getting good air circulation in my sleeping quarters
- having a big backyard so i don't have to walk my dog 3 times a day
- having a dishwasher
- having a patio to go outside and chill under

And there's gotta be hundreds others but that's just what i could think of off the top of my head. It's going well here though, I'm enjoying everything and how it's going here. I have a semester of living here in Norman. If you don't know, I'm living here because I have to take 12 hours of Graduate credit (which includes my student teaching) in order to finish my teacher certification so as to be a certified history teacher here in America. So life will prove to be really really busy this semester. I think it'll be safe to say that my time won't belong to me. This isn't really a semester that will be fun, but moreso a semester of necessity, which i need to understand before the semester starts. I just need to pray daily for energy to make it through the day. For i believe I will be at the high school from 8-2 mon-fri and all thurs taking classes and the rest of my free time will be devoted to working my ass off so as to make enough money to survive off of for the following few months.

I've recently gotten a job at a local bar, Brother's, on Campus Corner and I've been working hardcore recently and will be working hardcore next week in preparation in getting trained up in time for the football season. It's fun there, and I enjoy it and they're the only ones that have given me a job so far, so i feel lucky to have it and to be making some money.

My student teaching will be taking place at Norman North High School. I'm looking forward to starting that next Monday and seeing what it will be like. It will be interesting to compare it to my time in Czech Republic in many ways:
- difference of teaching History instead of ESL
- teaching in America (rules, rules, rules)
- teaching American kids v. Czech kids
- everyone understanding me (mostly)
- staying in the same room all day

And many others. We'll just wait and see and I'll keep you all updated on it all. Hope all is good. Thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home