Monday, July 14, 2008

The Eye Doctor... Not Finished Just Yet

Today was the 3rd time that I have been to my eye doctor in the last 2 months. He's supposed to have my new contacts prepared for me. So i went there again today to finally pick them up since i'll be leaving in 2 weeks. He told me that he'd have them and that there'd be no problem?

I came in and the assistant told me to have a seat and the doctor would be right there. The doctor came after a minute and I smile and say hey to him and he looks at me and tells me that there is quite a problem. I say what is it? And he says that something is wrong with my contacts that i'm supposed to pick up. I'm curious what the problem is. He says that he only has half of the contacts. Only contacts for the right eye. Interesting. What happened to the other half? Well... he doesn't know. He told me that they just disappeared. How do they just disappear? It's a good question that I will probably just never figure out. So... he called some offices and asked them if they have what i need. they said no.. he asked them next if they have something similar... They said no again. Then they asked him if i could wait another month, he said no. And then he hung up and told me that i should come back on thursday cuz they'll be here...

So i'm not sure what i'll be getting on Thursday. Maybe they will have lost the other contacts by then also. :) We'll see... but it was a funny situation. It's not a big office, so i really don't know how they disappear. This is his job!! It's not like it's something on the side. Oh well... I'll go back on Thursday and see. He was quite apologetic though. Really overly apologetic which was quite nice. I couldn't help but smile at the situation. It was really quite comical. So that's my 2 cents for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home