Friday, July 04, 2008

Not Much To Say

School's been finished for a few weeks now. It's been really a sad time, as I say bye to so many students who have impacted me and vice versa in the last three years. It's really inspiring to see people who want to say bye to you and see that they truly are grateful for my friendship and such things as that. Since the last post, lots of things have been going on. Let me just quickly note all the things that have happened in the past week or two:

- We had our End of the Year School Pool Party. It was really a lot of fun which i was happy to have been a part of. I actually participated in a floaty animal toys race in the pool and just about drowned with my killer whale. For the first time in 3 years, it was actually good weather and I was happy to enjoy the music, fun, friends, and a few good last moments.

- We had a last teachers meeting where we were wished a happy summer and leaving teachers had to say something. I was scared to say something, but i did, and it went well. Sad to say bye to the teachers also, but I feel like for the most part, most of them liked me as well.

- I visited one of my good colleague's wedding reception. It was really a great party at this guy's farm near Kralupy. I saw so many people there including my old Czech teacher from a year and a half ago who i had really wanted to see before leaving. We played softball there and I was the champ of the game, although we ended up tying 6-6, but i felt good.

- My roommate Joseph went home. So now it's just me and Benji here living the bachelor life. It was pretty sad to think that we won't be living with each other again anytime soon. He was definitely one of the best roommates I'd had. Great guy that'll go on to do great things.

- My best American friend over here, Stephen, is getting married tomorrow, so we've been spending time in preparation for that. We've been having some good times of last minute singleness chat, and the we also had a bachelor party for him in which we to a small village near Prague and played paintball in this ridiculously huge place. I think it was an old industrial factory. That was a lot of fun actually.

- And today we had a rehearsal dinner and was able to spend time with some people that I probably won't be seeing again or at least anytime soon after the wedding.

And then we have things to come. Nothing really is for certain right now, but I believe that tomorrow I will be going to the wedding of two of my good friends in Prague, and after that, there's a lot of unclarity. I will be having some parties with some different people I believe, and I will be meeting with other people, and I will be saying goodbye to other people, and I will be visiting a cottage again with other people, and then on July 30th, I will return home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home