Sunday, October 19, 2008

Birthday Fun

Yesterday was my birthday and it was quite a long birthday at that. It really wasn't too exciting actually, but it did make for a memorable day which can be categorized as a birthday. It started out with me working. So... actually for the first 4 hours of my birthday, I was working, because it was the last 4 hours of my 13 hour shift for the day at work. It was pretty long and i was pretty darn tired at the end of that day, but it wasn't really that bad i think.
Then I went to bed and slept for about 5 hours and then got up and went back to work again for the rest of the day. It was a nice Gameday in Norman and when a few of my customers found out it was my birthday, they were extra nice, and one table even sang to me. Then, since my boss hadn't given me a break on the previous day, I asked him if i could get a break today, and so he did. He gave me the first half of the game off. I was excited, but then, just as i was leaving, he asked me if I wanted to go to the game. I said yes, and so he gave me an extra ticket they had! Wow, I was really happy. So i went to the first half of the game. It was really great. It'd been about 4 years since my last game and the environment was so much fun. I was really lucky to have had such a great break I think.
In the end of the night, I was working behind the bar. It's funny you know how many people would come up to the bar and they'd be like hey man, it's my birthday, can i get something for free. I told them, no they couldn't. They'd proceed to badger me about it and they'd say, "But it's my birthday." Then I'd just tell them it was mine too and they'd be a bit more silent. And the last fun notable comment of the evening is when the future Heisman winner was sitting at my bar and i had to tell him that he couldn't sit there because he isn't 21. :) My birthday ended anti-climatically and I got home the day after my birthday and went to bed. Thus... another year down, another year yet to come. Let's hope it's a good one. Thanks to everyone for the messages and calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home