Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stories from the Bar

So, since I've been there, it seems that there are always a few funny or interesting things that happen. Things that are a little beyond what I'm used to in my normal everyday life. I've never been one to go out to the bar like these kids do at Brothers.

First story: 4 frat boys come in on a dead night and start ordering shots. One of them claims he's paying. And after 20 minutes they've had 10 shots each and racked up a tab of about $200 which one of the kids easily pays with daddy's credit card. Then he goes and misses the bathroom and pukes in the back near our ice machine. This was the night where I wasn't doing anything, just standing next to them as they did this and the kid asked if he could tip me. I was just standing there. I said yes, and he gave me 5 bucks. Then he tried tipping us 100 bucks for his tab but drunkenly came back for a more normal tip. I guess that's college life.

Story number 2: Not as interesting. I just met Sam Bradford, the next Heisman winner there and he was a pretty cool guy. I was pretty excited. And i'm excited to start watching him play, starting next Saturday!

Number tres: Wednesday's are big nights for us. Hundreds upon hundreds in the bar and just getting crunked. A few fights, some blood and several cops. 230AM, everyone is out and on the street and there are several cops also. The street we are on is a one way street and there are two cop cars there with their lights flashing just talking to drunk people, maybe giving some tickets. That's when it happened. Some underage kid, drunk, turned down this street going the wrong way. Think the cop gave him a ticket? It gets worse. He hit the cop car and pinned the cop in his door. Charged with assault with a deadly weapon, this kid's parents probably weren't too happy about that.

I'll write more as they come. Hope all is well. talk to you all soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Zach, it was great to catch up with you tonight. Good stories; keep 'em coming. I was thinking while brushing my teeth that you are probably the only person from Oklahoma with whom I've stayed in touch.

So while I don't always do a good job of saying it, I'm very grateful for your friendship. Thanks, brother, for listening & encouraging - and laughing with me too. I will be praying for you and look forward to hearing more of these good stories!

Love you man!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

hey man, just b/c you're back in okla with a ton of things on your plate doesn't mean your life isn't interesting or blog-worthy! how're you doing?? let us know something!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yo sucka... how about you post some more funny stories. Slacker.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home