Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mistakes in Familial Speech

I've officially been gone for 45 days now from Czech Republic, and it has shown in my progress, or should i say the antithesis of progress. I have kinda realized how lacking I have gotten in my use of the Czech language while I've been in America. I try to keep up with some language by reading websites and stories, but recently I started to write a one or two people in Czech Republic and I was feeling like i needed to practice my Czech a little bit, and i was telling them how I have spent a lot of good time with my "grandson". Unfortunately, I don't have a grandson, heck not even close. Yea... i meant nephew. It was fairly comical though if you could imagine. i really have grown to respect my students horrible english in the sense that it's better than my poor excuse of knowing czech words that don't even fit together ever. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

practise hard. I'll be pretty strict when you come back!! :) just 4 more days. that isn't much time, I confess :))

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait...you made your blog Czech... I thnk that counts :)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home