Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bleary Weary Sick Days



That above is what I had inside me..... well... not exactly, but I had some virus, but not from a parasitic wasp. But I calculated the difference, and it proved to be quite minor. So... for the first time in earthly memory, I caught a virus, and i was enjoying the "Virus Rollercoaster 2000" that it was takin me on for 3 days. It was quite disgusting and not soo much pleasant actually. No eating, no sleeping, hyper dog that needs to go to the bathroom... what a better combination. And my roommate caught a worse version of this before me and was in the hospital during the time i had my hurrah with the little devils. But, with no help at all the the local ER in Kralupy, I got better...

Let me tell you a bit about this ER. So... the hospital itself is fairly a joke. We first have to buzz and be accepted into the ER which is just one door without any lights. And we walk through a few doors and a small waiting room and into a room where the entire ER staff for the evening are working... 2 women. Nothin against women, just sayin. So... i lay down and she touches my stomach a few times (i guess to make sure ii don't have appendicitis), asks me if it hurts, then asks ME if i have a temperature (to which my answer was yes, i think so) and then she never took it, and she took my blood pressure, and gave me medicine to help with my diarrhea (which didn't help at all), and said if i'm not better in the morning, go to a real hospital in prague. Quite an interesting place. As you can tell, I felt quite relieved i had visited the ER after that, I felt like I was in good hands there...

THat's my story for today. I took sick days yesterday and today and tomorrow I"ll be teaching again. I'm feelin a lot better. Which is nice. ok... peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home