Friday, November 10, 2006

Flu Season is Here... well... something is that is

It came on in one big sweep. Shhhhhhwwwwwwweeewwww. SLAM!! And now... all of a sudden, everyone's droppin like flies. As one of my films describes it best... "There're over there... Now they're over there. El Guapo, now there over here... El Guapo... they're everywhere!" Well... maybe it hasn't been so bad. But this week was exceptionally different than any of the previous weeks at the high school thus far this year. How so? Well... it all started last week actually, when two of the English teachers called in sick... and that's really about all that happened, but they've called in sick for the last 7 days, so... let me explain to you how my situation works out... For english, you only teach one half at a time (about 15 students). So.. i teach one half two times a week, and another teacher teaches the same half 2 other times a week. And I also teach the other half two times a week, and a different teacher teaches them again twice a week. Unfortunately, when the other teacher is sick, I am stuck with all 30 of the students which can prove to be a difficult time. wow, but actually with the students that I actually taught it wasn't so bad... (but it was bad)... but the bad thing was me getting stuck teaching the youngest classes at our school (12 and 13 year olds). And mind you, they're english ain't the best perhaps. And no, i didn't just have 15 of them, but of course i had all 30 of them. 30 new students that i don't normally teach and who don't speak english and who are 12 years old.... wow. aha, and I had them 3 times :) it made for some interesting times. So... normally, I teach 17 hours a week at the high school and each class has 15 students. But this week, I taught 20 hours, 9 of which were combined to 30 students... Wow... I sure am glad that this week is over. And now my friend Brad is coming to visit from Graz, so I hope that this weekend will be relaxing and fun :)

1 Comments:

Blogger TomS said...

Student teaching is going really well Zach. I'm starting to really enjoy it. I'm working the high school kids now after putting my time in of 8 weeks in the middle school, and think that high school is better for me. Haven't been shot yet, had some punk middle schoolers call me names behind my back (that I could hear), but we're called to love them. God is teaching me alot about that, just how he was a servant and as teachers we are servants. Interesting, but yeah lots of pruning he's doing in me, tough but God is good.

How's the Czech life and the dog? You still going to desiring god.org? I'm loving Piper's latest stuff, really good.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home