Monday, September 25, 2006

A Weekend for the Ages!



After being in the Czech Republic for over a month now, I was due up for some real excitement, you think. Heck ya, so, this past weekend, I made it for myselif. First starting off with a killer awesome concert put on by the infamous Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam! It was totally awesome. What was awesome about it? Well... it wasn't the fact that they sang all their new songs, most of which i knew a little, but not very well, but it was everything else. Their image on stage was awesome. And they were able to sing my three favorite songs as I had hoped! it was slick. And also what was funny was listening to Eddie Vedder try and speak Czech. It was really cool. So I went with my friend Stephen and although our seats were way up in the top, it was cool, cuz we were on the front row of the balcony front and center (thanks Peta for the rockin seat selection) and jammin out with all the fools around us. Wow, not really much better way to describe it except that it was really freakin awesome.

But that wasn't the end of my weekend, it was just the beginning. On Saturday I went to the city of Melnik which I've been to a few times before because of the Foreign Police. It's a beautiful city established on top of this hill that overlooks the Czech Republic and in Melnik is where the Elbe and the Vltava merge, so it's a really beautiful city, and every year they have a huge festival centered around wine and something called burčák (boor-chok). This, (as pictured below, is a drink that is only harvested 3 or 4 weeks out of the year. It is called in English "new wine". What it is is wine that isn't completely fermented, and actually is still in the process of fermentation while it is sitting in your fridge. It really doesn't even taste like alcohol. And as you can see, it looks more like a juice, and it really tastes so also. It's good, I like it.



So, at the festival I walked around with my co-worker Jarda and his friend and it was a really fun night. It was really just like a fair. There were rides everywhere, and different treats and foods and wines and everything that you could imagine. But it was a fun time. And thus ended my weekend. My first weekend away from Benji (though i was only gone firday and most of saturday), it was good. So, hope things are going well for everyone. Hope to catch up with you soon. peace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you had fun... my mom LOVES burčák!!

I was afraid if you were gonna like the seats...so thanks for you did :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger TomS said...

Your MOM

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home