Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas in Kralupy Round 2

So... about the days just before Christmas... As the end of the year was winding down, everything at school is all about fun and relaxing... at least in English class it is :) It's usually pretty hectic in the other classes from what i hear. So... with Christmas parties in class, there was surely more fun to be had. The first fun time was when my colleague invited me to his school chess tournament after school on the last day (Thursday). I came and sucked. All the students beat me and wiped me on the floor. It was really sad. I won 2 out of 7, and the 2 guys i beat didn't win at all i think :)

And that was just the beginning of an exciting Christmas celebration. Every year our school holds an end of the year hockey tournament with each classes participating. And lo and behold, of course I was asked to play with one of the freshman classes. It was a nice offer, but what i didn't tell them was that i am about a million times more worse at hockey than chess. The whole skating capability proves to be quite an important funtion in the sport. Anyways, I think that I provided comical effect to the whole school. But it didn't matter, cuz we still took home the gold, which I was very proud about.

And then there's Christmas day (the 24th here). It was quite a wonderful day I think. It started with me waking up and relaxing :) And it didn't really turn much from this I think. It was quite beautiful. And then one of my good friends came over for a bit and she gave me some christmas sweets (which might have been the best I've had here), and exchanged presents and enjoyed expresso. Then my friend Jarda came over and took me to his parents with whom I spent the christmas dinner of Christmas carp and potato salad for yet another year. We relaxed and opened presents and then we just sat for a few hours to wait to go to the midnight Mass at the nearby church. It was an hour and i didn't understand anything :( oh well. Then i stayed at his place and came home the next day.

Now for the real Christmas day. I came home and finished my packing (for this evening I was meant to travel to Cyprus). I packed and then went over to see my friend Paul for a bit to wish a Merry Christmas. Then I headed into Prague to meet with some American friends with whom I hadn't seen for a while (due to the fact that I never go into Prague). I visited with them for a while and we had a nice Christmas dinner and there were quite a few people there. It was fun to chat and see people I hadn't seen and to wish a Merry christmas. And I talked with most of my family this day (they called me, aren't they nice). And then I headed out with Stephen to the airport where we headed to make our 10pm flight to Larnaka, Cyprus as to where my story continues for another 5 crazy days. But I must stop for now and wait until I am able to regroup everything so as to make it seem like you were there with us experiencing all the crazy and fun and crazy moments we had.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Cyprus, eh? Wow. Again I turn green with envy. Or whatever the cliche is. Did you get over to the Turkish side of Cyprus? Guess this comment is a bit premature; I'll wait for your update! Glad you got to eat some nice carp & have a fun gift exchange. I spent the 24th relaxing, and the 25th I went to Flo's family's house in the south of Austria. Good times. Oh yea- finally posted photos of Prague/Kralupy. Your long-haired head appears in one; you should check it out. :) Let me know your schedule and we should skype some this week. I go back to USA in < 2 weeks. Woah.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home