Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Familiar Scene Never to Be Seen in America

So.. over the time I've been here, I have frequented a local pub next to my school called "The Green Tree". Well, i've made a lot of friends since being there and even made quite good friends with the owner. (Don't worry he won't get mad at me for telling this story due to the fact he doesn't know any English). So... anyways, it just so happens that him, being the owner, is always the only waiter at night times and seems to quite enjoy it, and even sometimes, like last night, enjoys it a bit too much. I was having my Wednesday night class there as usual when we start to notice Zdenek having a good time. And then he starts coming over and more or less telling us what we wanted and then bringing it out to us :) He seemed to just not understand the phrase "no". Anyhow, he pretty much started harrassing me and getting all in my face telling me I wanted another beer (not in a mean way, but a friendly drunken kind of way). It was really strange to see a man sit down next to you and act completely billigerantly drunk and then see the same man serving you. Something just doesn't seem to add up in my account. But it was funny nonetheless. That's really it. Just wanted to point out this quite big difference. Thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home