Monday, February 09, 2009

Birthdays

So the other day i was talking with an old student and he was talking about his birthday and what he's gonna get for it and blah blah blah. So, I asked him a normal question. When's your birthday? I got for the first time in my life this answer. I don't know. He didn't know when his birthday was. He had it narrowed down to three days, Feb. 19,20, or 29th. Given though that the 29th only happens once every four years. He proceeded to tell me that it was normal that people don't know when they're birthdays are. I proceeded to show him that he was wrong by asking everyone who was there when their birthday was. Of course everyone knew. He just couldn't concede to the fact that it was very abnormal for someone to not know when their birthday was.

In the end, we looked at his ID card and found out that it was the 19th. Really unbelievable for me though that he didn't know. And i finally got some back up from the other people who were with us that it was strange to not know. Anyways, now he knows his birthday and hopefully he will remember it from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home