Saturday, March 28, 2009

Recovering my "stolen" bag

I totally forgot to keep you up to date about my bag that I lost. As most of you know (who follow my blog) i told a story a week ago about how I got my bag stolen. The story goes like this... with a continuation.

I was traveling in Montenegro and was going from the capital, Podgorica, to a coastal town 3 hours away, Herceg Novi, and I got off the bus (my bag was under the bus in the luggage place, and it wasn't there. After some hand signals with the driver and the attendant (who didn't speak Engish), they told me to go to the bus station an hour away, because apparently there was a "Big Station". Those were the only English words they knew. So... I went there the next day, and was looking for the information place because that's what they said. I went to the ticket office asking for the "informacije". Where is it? I asked. This guy came up and I told him i lost my bag. oh!! he said. Baggazh! Yes yes, he said. Come. 5 Euro. What? I said. What? no no, i thought he didn't understand me. I met another young guy that worked there that actually spoke English. I told him about my bag and told me I needed to pay 5 Euro. Why? I said. Well, we found the bag here. You forgot it. WHAT!! I DID NOT FORGET IT!! I DIDN'T EVEN GET OFF!! How did i forget it! He said... well it was here on the station. I said, But i didn't get off here, i was going to Herceg Novi. He said... Well, it's not OUR fault. Me: Well, it's certainly not MY FAULT! What am I supposed to do, look out the window every stop to make sure my bag didn't fall out? He was perplexed at this. Apparently it was my fault. It wasn't their fault. OF COURSE IT WAS THERE FAULT!! HOW COULD IT NOT BE THEIR FAULT! Gosh, the people here are total idiots. After trying to explain ourselves for about 15 minutes, I was like, fine, you know what, fine, here's your freakin 5 Euro, give me my bag. I had already thought it was stolen and I'd never see my expensive glasses and contacts and bag again. I was happy to pay five to just get my bag back. That's the story and these people are complete idiots. End of story. And my bags are never leaving my sight again. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home