Monday, March 02, 2009

Traveling in Style

I arrived into Istanbul after a twenty hour train ride with my new Argentine friend Juan with whom I had met in Brasov when i was there for the second time. We got onto the train and realized that there was no dining car, and we were in the second class couchettes, so we were really excited about the next twenty hours and the possibilities they could bring. And no outlets in second class to watch movies on my computer. I went looking at the cost of an upgrade to first class only to find it was 39 euros. Something that we both really didn't want to spend money on. So we waited and after a few hours, I went back to ask the man something, but i forget as to what it pertained, but he was trying to sell me again on it, and I asked him if there'd be a group discount. He gave me a piece of paper to write it down on and I wrote 50 euros for the both of us, and he wrote 60. Ok, not bad, that's 9 Euro less. But it was still quite a bit for us. An hour later i went to try to use the outlet in the hall of the first class but he wouldn't allow me and asked me to write a new number. I was gettin the hang of this, so I wrote 20 euro for both of us, he wrote 30, I wrote 25, and he said no, 30. I left and talked to Juan and we still decided not to, that we could get lower. After another half hour, we went back and said only 20 euros. he took it, and what was normally 39 euro, we got for 10 euro. A 20 hour upgrade into nice bedrooms for an extra ten bucks or so. it made the rest of the way much more pleasant. We slept, watched movied, and had a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home