Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Wear of Traveling

Stats of Traveling:

Duration (in weeks): 6
Duration (in days): 42
Countries visited: 9
Cities: 17ish
Nights spent on buses, trains, and ferries: 8
Different modes of transport: 6
Number of nights crashing on a couch: 10
Number of different travel partners (must include actual traveling 2+ days): 7
Times been scammed, robbed, or almost jumped: 4
Currencies in my wallet or pocket: 9
Times I've washed my clothes in 6 weeks: 2
Other places I want to see: 0

As you see, I've got a lot of numbers in my trip. Too many. I've become quite weathered in the past 6 weeks and really don't desire to travel anymore. I'm looking forward to relaxing and being with friends and family and being around familiar surroundings. I still find ways to enjoy the time I have though, don't worry. Usually, I just sit and smile and wonder why I'm so happy. Usually I can't ever think of a reason, but I keep smiling anyways. I make conversation with myself almost constantly. I've met so many people and traveled with a lot of them, and many of them I just didn't like talking to or I'd just want to be alone. The good thing about talking to yourself is that you always agree with yourself. I wish I could describe the kinds of conversations I have, but they're pretty good. I find myself intriguing. Most of them time I'm just trying to figure out why I'm happy all the time. I just can't seem to help it though. :) That's really all I want to say right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

my friend, we shall do a lot of nothingness when you arrive. just rest. i look forward to hosting you and hearing whichever stories you want to tell. and you can listen to some of my stories, too, if you want.

i'm greatly amused at how you describe conversing with yourself. it sums up nicely my life too. are we just that sophisticated (or easily entertained)? or perhaps only one small step from schizophrenia?

at least after your clothes were stolen, there wasnt as big a need to wash them any more. :)

enjoy the last 4 weeks. can you tell me when your flight arrives so I can come get you? flying into dulles, right?

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home