Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Raft of Our Destiny

So... it all started the other day when me and Joseph were walking along the river on a trail to this marina on the river bank to play cards and spend a great Easter Day loungin in the sun. I love Easter. We got there and we were standing by the river, and the idea just came to us... We should get an inflatable raft. "We should totally get an inflatable raft."

And then we started talking about it and usually when we get a crazy idea like this, the next day it doesn't seem as cool, but this one still did, and we thought if we could find a cheap one, then we'd go out and be on the river all the time. We talked that we'd go out every day in the summer, spend weeks on rafting trips. We'd do whatever we needed to to be out on the water. It was, as we decided, a much better alternative than just sitting here in the flat watching a movie or something.

So, we continued talking about it, and then i started searching on the internet. Could we really find one for a good enough price? It wouldn't be possible to find one for a reasonable price. The odds were desperately against us. And I searched, and sure enough, I was right. Several thousands of dollars for these things. But it really was never exactly what I was looking for. I continued searching and searching, until I found exactly what we had wanted, and even at a cheaper price than we had expected. Wow! it was great. Now the decision was to actually get it or not. We know where to go, the problem is actually going and shelling out the dough for it. Could we do it? Joseph said yes, and I said, I'll go tomorrow.

The day came and we got excited about the possibility. I had to go to Prague to get the thing. Wasn't totally sure where it was. I went and by metro came to the wrong station. I was looking for this specific street. I finally give up and ask someone where it is, and they point to this highway. Oh.. great, it's the highway... lovely. So... i walk along the highway for a while until I realize that I must be going the wrong way. Not really sure about it, but i decided to turn around and walk in the other direction. I ask a car dealership where this sports shop is. They don't know. It's ok, I'll just keep walking. 15 minutes of walking later, I run into a pub and ask them. They'd of course never heard of the sports shop, but he pointed to the end of the street and said, "You see that big SPORTS sign? Maybe try that. Maybe that's it." So I continued to walk and walk and sure enough, it actually was it. So, after 45 minutes of walking, I made it there. And after conveying to the man the necessary questions I wanted answered, I got the raft and was on my way. But not too fast, because it was a really heavy raft in a big box. about 40 lbs or so and I had to carry it to the metro, about 15 minutes (i found a closer one), to another metro, up to the train, and then 15 minutes walk home from the station. My arms were dead after that.

BUt... after getting home, we pumped it up, and what was suggested as 15 minutes, turned into 45, but in the end... we had accomplished perfection.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

there are LOTS of rivers & creeks we can raft on when you get here. altho i cant be as cool as either you or joseph.

speaking of, any thoughts on what you want to do when you arrive? i'd love it if you came with me saturday night to the spanish church service. it's at 7:15(ish). they've asked me to read the bible reading this week.

frankfurt airport isnt that hard to get through in 1 hour (i did it after my lufthansa flight from IAD last month)... just depends on required security clearances. wouldnt waste any time trying to buy anything tho. regardless if you miss the flight gimme a call or email (bsbarret@hotmail.com, or 443-603-8118). hasta el miercoles!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home