Friday, January 26, 2007

Glorious Rejoicing Can Commence :)

So, it finally has started. The beginning of Winter!! After a bitter and strangely horrific wind storm across all of Europe, 5 days later, we experienced the snow that has been clogged up in the sky for a few months now. And it was joyous :) It started on Tuesday evening when i was going to the tea house for some tea and by the time i had left an hour later, there was already a good coat of snow on the ground and it just kept on a comin. And by the next day (in which it also was snowing all day), we had several upon several inches of snow. Wow, the beauty. And therefore, I sensed that many people were looking forward to enjoying it. I had had a fun experience. On Wednesday I was teaching my 8th grade class and unfortunately i had all of them (i usually just teach half at a time) so it makes it impossible to teach anything, and I was planning on playing a fun conversation game. But I came in and they ask if we can go outside and play in the snow. After some convincing, I told them that we have to decide how we can make it into an English game. So we decided that you can't say any Czech words when you are outside and if you say anything, then everyone will return inside. (of course that didnt work, but for the most part they were trying). And it was a lot of fun and they were speaking English and playing in the snow and throwin snowballs... but then it turned sour when they all started turning on me. So i threw some of them down into the snow and then they were all upon me and it was too much for me to handle (i didn't have a coat or gloves or anything), so it was at this time where i decided that we'd had enough and so we all went inside... quite wet at that. It was a good time though and lots of fun. Probably one of my more enjoyable lessons. :) it's fun. so... hope all you enjoy the weather, whatever it may be like. And talk to you later. peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Hey, thanks so much for the comment. It's really nice to get some feedback from people already in the program. Good luck on the rest of your year!

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home