Friday, February 02, 2007

There's Magic In His Eyes


Day in and day out, I tend to wake up to the squealin of my pooch sad and lonely. Some days it's earlier than others, but it's definitely always before my alarm clock strikes the lucky time of 630ish (usually it's about 430), and thus i take the little dude in the living room and he sleeps on another chair and i on the couch for the remaining "sleepy" hours of the morning. Sometimes i just stare at the little mut and just think "what can he possibly be thinking" Why is he always trying to put something in his mouth that he shouldn't have, and then why does he go and get it again right after i tell him no! Ugh... it was the best of times, it was the worst of time... Why did i get a dog again? :) always snoring, barkin, pissin, disrespect, you name it, the list goes on and on. But he's actually really cool and i love the little guy. We have fun daily and he keeps me company a lot of the time. Right now... with the absence of anyone really really important in my life, like physically in my life, (don't take it personally anyone, i just mean like family or some special lady) I see this little 4 legged "thing" as the center of my universe :) ok.... so maybe not quite so, but he's a pretty dang important little dude. Maybe sometimes I don't like him droolin all over me or jumpin on my sometimes, and maybe after some thoughts that this dog is too crazy for me... I think I'm quite satisfied with the decision I've made. And... it's true... maybe he isn't the smartest dog. But I think he's still quite clever. Sure he wants to kill all the other dogs he sees on our walks, but he gives so much love and always wants to be close to you. And if he's not, then he's sad. And I really don't understand the people that really don't like him. I know some people (without names) and it pisses me off a bit. I'm gonna leave it at that, just know that it peeves me to great heights. He sleeps a lot and really doesn't cause many problems. But of course if you're hangin out for the first time with The Man, then expect your leg to get humped time and time again. But there's light at the end of the tunnel, cuz if you hang out enough, then he realized that you aren't gonna be his toy. So... but seriously... just look at that cute little guy. He's had a rough history and he deserves to enjoy life a little bit. I hope to be able to show him a good little life and hopefully he'll be able to teach me a bunch of different things also. :) Hope you have a nice day. Talk to you soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was staying with the Asplunds, I got to read a part of "Because of Winn-Dixie" (which I totally loved) and your post just reminded me of it. I think Benji is really happy, too! :)

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sad that I never got to meet Benji this year. If your still around next year, I'll have to come to Kralupy to meet him when I come visit Prague. Hope things are going well.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

so my site is updated. you even got a shout-out (but gotta read the whole post to find it. haha, sorry)

glad benjordi (phonetic sp., sorry i havent spelled many dog names recently) has recovered from that whallop i once gave him. even more glad he's able to keep you company and teach about camaraderie, loyalty, and friendship. awesome.

finally, i'm back online. whoop. skype me and we'll chat. oh yea, chris crowder says hey. and he and i and jeff and tim are in the same bible study, and we got to tell the 3 freshmen in our group about this guy called zach barnes. they were impressed. although they didnt know what to do with the no-shoe thing. come to think of it, i still dont know what to do with it. whatever, you're still weirdly awesome. look forward to chatting. later.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home