Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Luxuries of a Sailor's Life

When the sun sets off of the horizon, the beauties of life are evident. And one would guess that therefore, the life of a sailor would bring about some of the greatest evidence for extraordinary beauties in life. Well my friends... I've come here today to tell you that I'm not, nor do I ever desire to spend the rest of my days sailing the 7 Seas. But... in the journeys that have been brought to me, I feel like I can be confident and say that I have experienced many of life's beauties and perhaps sensed the reality into which it has been created..... or... maybe not... but you could imagine if I had, yea? So... with all that said and out of the way with... now for some real news perhaps.

Well... there really seems to be not so much to speak about at the moment, so i'll just jabber about nothing for a bit perhaps. Less than 2 weeks now and I'll be back in the states for a week for the exciting times to be had there... my sister's wedding. Hm... after thinking about this for a while, I'm kinda curious as to what the life of a sailor would look like. Being on the sea all day, looking out for pirates and for those humongous whales that'll capsize you. You know I read a book once about a dude whose boat was capsized by a whale and he had to survive in his little dingy rubber raft for like 77 days i think it was. And so it went through, day by day, what happened everyday. I really don't know how he could exactly remember what happened everyday, but it was a good book. He was pretty smart about how to live in a raft for 77 days and how to catch rain water to drink and how to catch fish and to dry them, and blah blah blah. He lost a lot of weight obviously, but it was pretty wicked awesome. One of my favorite books actually. so... if you're interested in it, it has a blue cover... my copy is at a friends house in Norman, so whatever you want really. Well, anyways... I don't really expect myself to go on some deep sea voyage anytime soon... but then again... I never really know what my next adventure shall be. Life can be interesting at times... So... we'll just have to see what happens next and hope that I write about it somewhere here.

Hm... Interesting answer from homework today was regarding the story of Romeo and Juliet. When asked how the story ended, one student notes "Happy End :) "
It's times like these when I'm really proud of my teaching abilities here. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

laura or mcmanus? laura. she's awesome.

speaking of proud teaching moments, my student confirmed a schedule change with "okey donkey" today...

7:46 AM  
Blogger Peta said...

Amazed by your writing abilities. You should seriously be thinking about becoming a writer :)

(I'm serious)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home