Friday, October 19, 2007

Customer Service to a Tee

So, the other day I went to the main bus station at Florenc to purchase bus tickets to Bratislava for next weekend. I get there about 550pm about 10 minutes before they close and I feel like I have no problems in the world. I'm happy, the world is at my fingertips and life is treating me great. I just won the 50 million dollar lotto and i just finished buying my first country.

So, I'm ready to anything. I'm next in line and I'm about to pounce like a tiger. The man calls for the next customer and I run up there with a smile on my face which surely has penetrated the entire bus station by now and smiles can be see all around. I look at the guy and am thinking, wow, I should be nice to him and not just start speaking English. That's what trashy tourists do who think that everyone should automatically know English. So i happily ask him "Mluvite anglicky?" (Do you speak English?) And he looks at me with the face of death. Suddenly everythhing around me turned black as night and there was no one in the bus station anymore more. No soounds, nothing. Just me and him. Horns started growing out of his head as he said (picture this...) in the most disgusted, most tired, most dull and monotonic, most annoyed voice. In the voice of a semi-robot (got the picture). And he responded with a long and drawn out "I hope so".

Hope you got the picture. Then I reached over and touched his arm and said.. "TAG, you're it." And ran away laughing gleefully

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Umm. Ok.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home