Friday, October 19, 2007

My Michael Jordan Birthday

So... thanks to everyone who welcomed me on my coming of age. The age of something awesome... I've been looking forward to my Michael Jordan birthday since I was just a wee lad. It was quite nice. Throughout the day I'd get emails or classes would sing happy birthday, students would congratulate me throughout the day, or I would just get nice surprises. It was like I was the king of the world or something. Very nice actually. But nevertheless, school life must go on and on Thrusday it is maybe one of my longest days, so i had to dwell through it. But it really wasn't a bad day. Better than most Thursdays. And at the end of the day, one of my good friends gave me a beautiful present. Below is a picture of it. It was a poster of memories of friends that I have acquired over the past 2 years of being here and funny moments we've had. So it was really a fun thing to get. Hands down.

It's funny, even Benji wished me a happy bday.... ok, well maybe he didn't, but it was a fun day and I'm happy these days happen. And the celebration will continue until christmas I believe just because that's how we have fun out here in Kralupy, so if you're ever around, come on and we'll celebrate and celebrate.

Lot of things in the future:
- This isn't the future, but it was interesting. I had a conversation with my principal (the princiPAL is your "pal") about his trip to Patagonia that he just returned from last week that was awesome. And I talked to him about starting up a meeting of Christians in the school to get together and have fellowship. So hopefully that'll go well.
- Tomorrow all us English teachers in Kralupy are celelbrating more of my birthday and our ex-cabinetmate Zdenek has returned for a few days, so we all have to meet and make it like the good ol' days
- Next weekend we have Fall Break and me and Joseph are going to Bratislava to see some friends... so therefore, that'll be awesome.
- Thanksgiving isn't in 3 weeks, but our ESI Thanksgiving Retreat is in 3 weeks, so tha'll be awesome also, don't know anything about it, but I'll keep you posted, I'm sure you're just as excited as I.
- My boy Adrian Peterson is rockin up the NFL. That's a bit of fun also

Anything else I should include? not at the moment. Things are busy and I know I have about a million things to write about, but it's just not happening now. Sorry.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Man, so I missed your birthday??! Terribly, terribly sorry. Happy belated 23rd! Unfortunately at 10 am CDT, I dont think I can say that it's still Thursday anywhere in the world. (If it were 6 AM here, that'd be different!) Very glad that you enjoyed celebrating at school; those kids really dont know how great you are. I shall send them a message in a bottle. It will read: "Zach Barnes is awesome. Just like he says he is." Hahaha.

Good to hear about your principal's trip to patagonia. If you're able to swing the expensive voyage, let me know! Mi casa es su casa!

Finally, hope the schoolyard bible study works out! That is very encouraging to hear!! In other random news, Mark & Kimberly have started leading up the young adult (post-college, pre-kid) bible study here in Norman. And I really enjoy them (you know why... you enjoyed them the same as I, haha).

8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude awesome your having a christian meet-up. i'll be praying for that.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Peta said...

;)

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home