Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Your Move, Pawn

It's go time and I'm going back to America now in a few hours. After almost a full 4 months of relaxing traveling in Eastern Europe, it's time to make the transition back to the States for the time being. I'm looking forward to it and spending time with people that I haven't seen in while and enjoying what is the culture that I was raised in. The last four months have definitely been an experience and I'm leaving with definitely different thoughts as to what I came here with. As to what I thought this time would be.

I came here wanting some closure with a part of my life that was dearly important to the shaping of what I am today. I am leaving with something else. I'm leaving a greater feeling for many relationships. Relationships with my former roommate, relationships with my neighbors, relationships with very close friends have been strengthened. And I've realized what a difficult person I am to get to know, even more so. But to a point to where people have even given up on knowing me at all. It's been interesting.

I have realized that wherever I am, I can never please everyone and though my intentions are always good and never malicious, there's always a few people out there who wanna get me. I realize more now than ever how evil the world is and how your life is always being tried. I've come to know that the easiest way out is never or mostly never the best. Right things are always difficult yet worth fighting for. And I think that once these decisions have been made, it only gets harder. It makes me wonder how these decisions will affect my future. It makes me excited/looking forward to/interested/scared a bit as to what it will look like.

Either way, I know that God is looking out for me and guiding me in every way. I know that I will never stray from what He desires for my life and that although I falter often, He will always be there to make my bad choices good, for the better of His Will. I can't explain how blessed and lucky I feel to have experienced the life He has given me. I hope and strive to not let Him or anyone else down in accordance with His Goodness. Life is good, life is bad, life is life, and I'm living it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home