Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Day Full of Blood



Ok, so it wasn't really quite at the beach, but it definitely could've been... Ok, maybe there are actually no similarities to my day in no way, shape, or form to that of a day at the beach. But I'll tell you about it anyways. So... after being back in the Czech Republic for a few days now, I really haven't been getting a good sleeping pattern down at all. But that's not what this story is about.

I don't have a visa yet. I know... kinda strange, but I don't have it yet. And it's kinda confusing because I never got my passport stamped when I got off the airplane in Frankfurt nor Prague, so I am not sure if the Foreign Police will have a problem with that or not when and if I actually do obtain my visa. I had to wake up early today, which wasn't really a problem since I have been acting like a cat more recently by sleeping for 3 or 4 hours and then being awake for that amount of time. So I got up and got on a train leaving Kralupy at about... 530am I think. I was Germany-bound. To Dresden I was going. Fine, not a problem. I've done it before. I brought my computer so I could get a little bit more work done on the journey. I had to change trains in a city called Usti, so I did. Let me ask you something. What was the last liquid puddle you might have ventured across? Mine... was blood. I rode up the escalator and literally there were several PUDDLES of blood. Just everywhere. More blood than I had seen ever. I really couldn't believe that it was blood, but then I saw a lady sitting in one of the benches in, no joke, all white... except for her leg, which was a dark maroon shade of blood. A few workers were tending to her, but they weren't doing more than just wrapping a bandage around it. It was A LOT of blood. I'm pretty sure that with that amount of blood loss, she should be treated like... well, or something. I really don't know where she went afterwards, she was just kinda out of it and when the guys finished with her, they just kinda smiled and said, Well, have a beautiful day miss. Yea, I'm sure she will.

Gosh, it was so crazy. So much blood. At such an early hour of the morning. On such white clothes. Blood blood blood everywhere. Wow, it was hard to even imagine that something like that was possible, but it was. There was so much blood just everywhere. On the ground, on the escalator, on her, on everything.

So I got over that after a long while and got on my train to Dresden. Nothing much to say about it, except I was working on finding more embezzled money, which I did, thousands and thousands more. So that was productive. I arrived in Dresden, found the Czech Consulate quite easily, actually, which was a cool thing to have been able to do. And there was only another guy in there. So I made it out after a bit more than an hour and my short-term visa is being processed and I have to get a few more things ready before they can start processing my long-term visa. That's a quick run down of what has happened so far in my day before noon. Right now I'm on a train back home and should be there before mid afternoon. Wow, what a day. And... yea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home