Monday, May 28, 2007

A Letter From a Frank and Tired Man

As the year draws to an end and as one life achievement is withering into another life achievement in the making, some of us find ourselves in awe of the strange wonders and how life could possible continue on like it has gone the last few years. Some of us find ourselves in a rut of unfullfilling merriment and often a stupor. However, I, find myself siting in the Frankfurt International Airport waiting for my 8 AM flight to Prague trying to achieve the goal of making it to school by 10 AM with the aid of friendly taxi I hope. Well... after a long announcement in German and seeing everyone get in line where it seems that i need to go eventually, I have come to the conclusion that my plane is starting to board. So... I suppose I should finish this later, although it will only seem like a second to you due to the fact that only one line of break will be the pause you see. But... I also have the unfortunate luck of leaving the adapter to my computer in America (yes, the very same one I took back to get fixed... and yes, it is fixed, but when it's not hooked in, it is in essence, still broken. ok, gg

So, in the essence of it all, I made it back safely. Let me tell you what's happened since I last saw you (aka, 3 lines ago). I got on the plane and got an entire row to myself. I slept a bit and we arrived in Prague at 930. I proceeded to be one of the last people out and I rushed through the airport only to be stuck in a long Customs line. I waited in it for about 15 minutes and then realized that I was going nowhere so I went to the EU citizens line where no one was and they let me through. I rushed outside into an awaiting taxi and got to school at 1005, 5 minutes after my class was supposed to start. Fortunately, it was a strange day and my class wasn't meeting thankfully. Then I started Senior examining at 11AM and did this for an hour or so and then we ate lunch (which was just below mediocre for this day. I think continued with my day by getting stuff ready (all while wearing a suit, mind you) to go to get my visa prepared for next year. I travelled with the assistant principal to a city 30 minutes away and got all this done fairly quickly. Then she told me that I need to go get some coffee and give her some time to go to the hospital in town to see someone. I said ok and, by this time i had been up for over 24 hours and just about wanted to die. I was sitting in an estranged coffee shop in a strange town just chillin for an hour and everyone is pretty much lookin at me like "what in the world is that guy doin in a suit and at a coffeeshop?" It was apparent that I really shouldn't be there or anywhere else except bed. But I strove forth and made it home finally about 5ish. At this point, I had decided that I didn't care about staying up later so that I would be able to sleep through the night. I hadn't slept so I was feeling a little sick, and I just wanted to go to bed. So... I went to bed, was awakened by 3 phone calls, and I woke up at 9PM and it was dusk out and I was like "sweet!! I slept through the night and it's like 5AM now!!" But... alas, I was wrong. Thus is how my first night back in Czech Republic went. I'll fill you in on my trip to America here shortly, but now... as I have previously stated, I don't have my adapter for my computer, so I have to weigh my time on my computer for a bit now. I have 71% left, so let's see how far that goes. Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home