Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oopsies

In the previous days, I've actually forgotten that I've had a blog actually. I actually just remembered maybe yesterday, so i figure i'll write about something really awesome ba bawesome. So... I've been sitting here for 10 minutes now and can't think of anything, so I'll share a Czech fairytale with you that i learned yesterday. (Seeing as it's almost Christmas and fairytales are a strong part of it, and since I love winter and this time of year, I'll share what I know). This is the story of "The Princess with Golden Hair".
In this story is a beautiful princess and a prince who loves her dearly, but the problem is that there is a big bad magician who hates many things and also the princess so she is locked up in the castle by the evil magician. But luckily there are threee beautiful guys that are willing to help. And each one of them have a special power. And so they helped the prince free her. These men kinda looked after her in a way I think. But anyways, the princess would seem to always disappear and the man with perfect sight would find her, then there's a guy with really long legs "went to her" (not sure why that's important", and the last guy was really fat or something and he did something also, but i don't know."

Funny story and i'm sure it'd be better if I actually knew anything about it. But I don't. A friend just told me really quick in passing about the story. Anyways, that's what I got for you now.

3 Comments:

Blogger lizcannon said...

just saying hi!!! Miss you zach,
love liz and cameron and schnooze

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fairy-tale is named: "The Long, The Wide and The Keen-Sighted". It starts as you said. Though there are different versions, i know it this way. They are about to save the princess from the evil magician and in order to do it, they have to keep her in room for three nights. First night they fell asleep and she turned into a diamond in rock. The Keen-Sighted seen her, took of his eye-sash and broke the rock with his sight.(sounds weird, huh?) Then The Long took her back to casle just before sunrise and when the magician came, he was really upset. Next night, they fell asleep again and she turned into an apple on a high tree. But The Keen-Sighted seen her again and The Long brought her back before sunrise. Third night, she turned into a ring on the bottom of a lake. The Keen-Sighted seen her again, but The Long couldn`t find her, so The Wide drunk up the lake and they managed to bring her back just in time. I think that the magician poped from anger, but I am not sure.
Well, if it was no use to you, at least I was training my english.

Mirek

9:02 AM  
Blogger Zach Barnes said...

hey, thanks mirek. it's an interesting fairytale. I hope to see it sometime. maybe at christimas ;)

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home