Monday, August 31, 2009

Less Work for the Police

I was on a train today back home from Prague. Me and joseph were sitting in some seats talking when the ticket guy came around. We gave him our tickets as normal and he continued onward. He went to the next girl after us, who was listening to her music, and she gave him her ticket. Who know what she was trying to really do. She was probably just trying to scam him with a fake ticket, but you never know. She had some child's ticket, and he asked her how old she was. "In a month I'll be 16", she said. :) It's always funny to me that people say this to make themselves look older.

He asked for her ID which she didn't have on her, which is a big no-no. He told her that she couldn't use this ticket. I really couldn't hear that well why, but I think I guess correctly. Not really down with all the rules of tickets with youth or special ticket prices, but I dunno. He then told her that it was gonna cost her 44 crowns (2 bucks) but she said that she didn't have any money. She wasn't sure of the rules cuz she never goes anywhere by train. It was 9pm at night, dark outside as well. He said that she could either get off or he was gonna call the police. WOW, this guy was ruthless. I was listening tot he whole thing thinking how much this would suck to be this girl. And nothing I can do... or was there.

She sat there staring at him. He with his cell in his hand ready to call the cops, waiting for her to answer. And I was sitting there watching it all go down. Then she started crying. Really interesting. Poor girl. I really couldn't be this guy was gonna call the cops on the girl who was almost home and was a quite young girl or he was just gonna kick her out at night at some random stop. It was ridiculous for me to think about. A true number one a-hole. Then I realized that I could help the situation a bit. So I got out of my seat, went to the guy and gave him the two dollars to make the situation go away. She was a nice girl and hopefully learned her lesson. It's a nice thing to be able to help someone out like this sometimes. I've had people help me out a million times, that I think it was about time that I do something good as well. She said thanks and shortly after exited the train and said bye, so I kinda hope that she doesn't forget the generosity of people, that people are good and that maybe someday, who knows, I might run into her again. We'll see. It was a nice night to make someone less hassle, and in this case, a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home